This course is designed for those who use brush cutters or strimmers. It is a practical course requiring the participants to demonstrate that at the end of the day they are able to maintain their machines in good, safe working order, and to use them safely, efficiently and gain certification.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
This course has a real practical bias, and whilst you will be covering basic risk assessments and health and safety legislation, you’ll be carrying out the inspection and routine maintenance on the brushcutter / trimmer. You’ll find out how to check the brushcutter blade is safe to use, and ensuring that it is balanced after sharpening; as well as respooling the line on to the trimmer head. You will discuss different types of brushcutter blade and find out what they are used for, and how to cut back growth in different types of terrain. You will be demonstrating both the swipe and swat methods of cutting too.
Course Participants will learn the following skills
- Carrying out initial safety checks
- Identification of appropriate recommended protective clothing
- Recognising the hazards involved with brushcutters and strimmers
- Operating the machine safely and efficiently
- Selection and use of the appropriate cutting attachments for different jobs
- Carrying out maintenance and storage operations
ARE THERE ANY PER-REQUISITES?
You must be at least 16 years of age to undertake the training and assessment. Participants should supply own Personal Protective Equipment.
DURATION – 1 Day
ACCREDITATION – Cosgrove Safety Services Certification Recognised and Accepted Through Out Ireland.