Participants learn to perform the following skills with an emphasis on safety;
- Process individual windblown trees
- Assessing windblown trees and deciding on the appropriate technique
- Cutting windblown trees using correct technique
- Operating a winch
- Site Safety
- Cross cutting under tension and compression
- Removal of hazardous limbs
- Regulations and safety requirements relevant to windblown trees
- Dealing with dangerously hung-up trees
ARE THERE ANY PER-REQUISITES – You must be at least 16 years of age to undertake the training and assessment. All candidates are requested to have personal protective equipment chainsaw, boots gloves trousers and combination helmet. Candidates must have successfully completed City and Guilds/NPTC Units 201, 202 & 203.
DURATION – 3 days
ACCREDITATION – Upon successful completion candidates will be assessed for City and Guilds/NPTC Unit 302.