WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
This course is aimed at users of Quads and ATV’s and focuses on their use in off-road situations. The course will cover risk assessments, legal and safety requirements, and how to assess the terrain in relation to operating unladen and laden ATVs. You will be taken through the control functions of the ATV, pre-use checks and inspection of the machine as well as operating the ATV on an off-road course.
This course is designed to teach participants the following skills in relation to ATV’s:
– The Legal obligations prior to working an ATV
– Safety requirements for an ATV before, during and following operations
– Identification off all controls, dials and an explanation of there functions and effects
– The proper operating procedures for the ATV on a range of different sites and surface types
– Loading and Riding the ATV to its maximum load capacity including the attaching and reversing of traders
– Carrying out daily periodic and routine checks and maintenance to the ATV
ARE THERE ANY PER-REQUISITES?
You must be at least 16 years of age to undertake the training and assessment. Participants should supply own Personal Protective Equipment.
DURATION – 1/2 Day depending on course numbers
ACCREDITATION – Cosgrove Safety Training Certification Recognised and Accepted Through Out Ireland.