WHAT WILL BE COVERED?
The qualification is aimed at those who use handheld hedge cutters as part of their work, either in horticulture, arboriculture, grounds maintenance or landscape gardening. It covers the use of the hedge cutters, covering pre-use checks and maintenance, and operating the machine in a safe manner that minimises environmental damage. Current health and safety legislation will be covered, as will generic and site risk assessments, and the usage of correct PPE. The wider subject of hedgerow maintenance will also be discussed.
Course Participants will be able to:
- Understand legal requirements regarding the use of Hedge Trimmers.
- Understand machine components, safety features etc.
- Select the recommend protective clothing
- Refuel and carryout pre-start safety checks
- Carry out correct starting procedures.
- Recognise the hazards involved when operating Hedge Trimmers.
- Operate the machine using correct working techniques
- Carry out correct maintenance procedures
ARE THERE ANY PER-REQUISITES?
You must be at least 16 years of age to undertake the training and assessment. Participants should supply own Personal Protective Equipment.
DURATION – 1 Day
ACCREDITATION – Cosgrove Safety Services Certification Recognised and Accepted Through Out Ireland.