Identify the risks associated with the use of Push Lawn Mowers and Ride-on Mowers; select appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); identify and understand the function of all instruments and controls; carry out daily checks as indicated in the Operator’s Manual; carry out pre-start checks; identify and report any faults; adjust the cutting mechanism to achieve the required standard; operate the machine in a safe and competent manner; perform after-use maintenance; understand legal and practical requirements for travelling on a public road; load and transport the machines safely (if appropriate).
Course Participants will learn the following skills
- Understand the regulations and safety requirements relating to the use of various types of grass cutting equipment.
- Prepares for use and maintains the equipment to the prescribed standard, including maintenance.
- Uses the machine safely and efficiently in grass cutting.
- Identification of appropriate recommended protective clothing.
- Recognising the hazards involved with the lawnmower.
- Operating the machine safely and efficiently.
- Carrying out maintenance and storage operations.
ARE THERE ANY PER-REQUISITES?
You must be at least 16 years of age to undertake the training and assessment. Participants should supply own Personal Protective Equipment.
DURATION – 1 Day
ACCREDITATION – Cosgrove Safety Services Certification Recognised and Accepted Through Out Ireland.
Please feel free to contact us for upcoming course dates and locations